Onions don’t get the credit they deserve. They’re the backbone of soups, casseroles, and pasta dishes. They’re also wonderful chopped or sliced and served raw on salads, sandwiches, even burgers.
But even the most ardent onion fan has probably never heard of Tennessee Onions.
Want to know what was ‘pon Rocky Top? Tennessee Onions! That’s what, the premier Vidalia Onion Recipe! You want an exceptional and EASY recipe, right? Yeah, I thought so!
This delightful Vidalia Onion Recipes is made with sweet vidalia onions resulting in a vidalia onion casserole! Basically, I’ve been eating this vidalia onion casserole for 30 years now, and I don’t forsee a time when I’ll stop. You should try it!
- 3 to 4 Sweet Vidalia onions
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Slice the onion into ¼ inch rounds
- Separate the onion rings
- Spread the rings into the baking dish
- Sprinkle the onion rings with garlic powder, salt and Oregano
- Slice the butter into 8 slices of butter
- Place the butter evenly across the top of the onion and spices
- Sprinkle the Italian blend Cheese and the Cheddar Cheese over the entire top
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese at the end
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble and brown
- Serve immediately