This layered taco lasagna recipe is more of an easy Mexican casserole, full of taco seasoned beef, tomatoes, onions, a cheesy sauce and flour tortillas.
Happy Wednesday Folks!! How did #NationalTacoDay almost get by me this year?!?!?!? So I’m a few days late but just had to share this Amazing Taco Lasagna Recipe with you. After all, taco day is everyday in my world!! How about you?
I must be honest. SHHHHHHH. This really isn’t a lasagna. It’s really a taco casserole with tortillas that I just call a taco lasagna recipe because it’s kind of like a lasagna set up to me. Does that make sense? Probably not. Anyhow….this Taco Lasagna Recipe is not for anyone looking to watch their waistline guys! It’s totally just the most perfect comfort food recipe on earth. Don’t cry. It’s ok every once in a while.
- 12-13 soft flour 6-inch tortillas
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 2 c diced tomatoes
- 1 c diced red onions
- 1/2 c diced green onions diced
- 1/4 c chopped Jalapeño optional
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 c of taco cheese or Mexican style cheese shredded
- 1.5 tsp Cajun seasoning
- sour cream garnish
- diced green onions garnish
- In a small bowl, combine red onions, green onions, Jalapeño pepper, tomatoes, salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and drain grease. Add taco seasoning and stir.
- In a medium pot, bring heavy cream and butter to a boil, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and add 2 cups of cheese. Add Cajun seasoning and keep warm.
- In 9 x 13 casserole, layer 4 tortillas (cut so they fit in bottom of casserole), ground beef, cheese, and tomato mixture. Repeating until you have 3 layers finishing with the cheese sauce on top.
- Add last cup of cheese on top of entire casserole.
- Place in 400 degree oven covered for 20 minutes then remove and let cool. Garnish each serving with sour cream and green onions. Say Grace and enjoy!