Loaded Cheesy Pocket Tacos are a delicious fusion of traditional Mexican and American flavors, combining the best of both worlds into a mouth-watering handheld delight. These tacos are an irresistible twist on the classic taco, with each ingredient carefully selected to create a perfect harmony of taste and texture.
This is a great fast meal when you are constantly on the go. In my house, we are always taking the kids to this sport, that sport, a school meeting, church group or to a friend’s house. So I love meals like this! I can make them ahead and keep them warm. When the kids are ready, they grab and we go. I can not lie to you, I had actually thought of something like this a long time ago, but for some reason I figured it would be too much work.
• 1 packet Taco Seasoning
• 1 pound ground beef
• ½ cup salsa
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 2 tbsp melted butter
• 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
• 12 6 inch tortillas
• Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and cook thoroughly
• Drain the grease from the skillet
• Add in the packet of Taco seasoning mix, following the directions on the package
• In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth
• Add in the cup of salsa and blend well
• While holding a tortilla, place a spoonful of cheese mix in the center of the tortilla
• Place a spoonful of taco flavored beef, to cover the salsa and cheese mix
• Sprinkle with shredded cheese
• Fold the tortilla and filling as you would with a burrito
• Lightly spray a baking tray
• Preheat the oven to 350*
• Place rolled tortilla onto greased tray
• Brush the tops of the tortilla rolls with melted butter
• Bake for 15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and add your choice of toppings, such as lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives, more cheese