Dorito Chicken Casserole: An easy, comforting, cheesy recipe that will be on repeat for meal planning during the week!
Level-up your Taco Tuesday with this creamy, cheesy crunchy Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe! Layers of crushed Doritos and creamy chicken topped with even more Doritos and cheddar cheese. The whole family will love this satisfying casserole recipe and it’s so much fun with the crunched up Doritos! The kids are going to love it!
• 1 14.5 oz. package nacho cheese Doritos chips, lightly crushed
• 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded
• 1 13.25 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 13.25 oz. can whole corn kernels, rinsed and drained
• 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese grated, divided
• 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
• 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
• 1 10.75 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
• 1 8 oz. container sour cream
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
• Preheat oven to 350º F and light grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
• In a large bowl, combine chicken, black beans, corn, 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, diced tomatoes and green chiles, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix together until completely incorporated.
• Spread half of your lightly crushed Doritos chips into the baking dish, then pour the chicken mixture over the top and spread it into an even layer.
• Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
• Remove from oven and top with remaining Doritos and cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
• Remove from oven and serve hot, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
If you prefer spicier food, add a can of diced jalapeños or some chopped fresh jalapeños to the mixture.
You can use leftover rotisserie chicken instead of cooking chicken breasts for this recipe.This dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to add the remaining doritos and cheese right before baking.
You can also freeze this casserole for up to 3 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before baking.