- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, butter, and flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, vanilla, and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until center is firm, 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour before serving.
- If the edges of your pie crust are browning too quickly, cover the pie with foil for the remainder of the baking time.
- You can tell your pie is done when the top is lightly browned and the center of the pie still jiggles slightly. It will continue to set as it cools. You may stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out mostly clean your pie is ready.